Tuesday, May 29, 2012

#PESITmemories

Monday, the 28/5/2012. It was not going to be just another monday. Many of my classmates and myself had our final final-exam of 4-year BE degree, a Final year Project Presentation. By 4pm we had finished with our presentations and as we headed home, on the way, we made a routine visit to a eatery nearby.
Everything was the same. Nothing was amiss from the previous day. I played a couple of games of FIFA 12 before I had to surrender the TV to my parents who were interested to watch TV9 for more exclusive coverage of Jagan Mohan Reddy's arrest.
As usual, picked up my phone and let some tweets out before I spotted this:
And this
Sometimes, as they say, the mass will be ready just a spark will be missing! So few PESITians started to tweeted their sweetest memories of PESIT. This few grew large enough to send it onto the top of trending lists of Bangalore and India.
So here are some of the tweets which I liked. The tweets are from a small group of PESITiams whom I follow







Well this is twitter so you should expect this #spam


And back with #PESITmemories


 


 #PESITmemories Yes our college makes us miserable. But we're proud of it. And intensely so.  — Anand M S (@yemmay) May 28, 2012
OK. I thought of putting many more tweets but I really became tired of scrolling down - the tweets were going on...You can catch all the tweets here.
I am pretty sure neither @sachingowda nor @gshny thought #PESITmemories will become so big.Yes, we made #PESITmemories to trend at the number one spot on Indian trend list within 2 hrs, less than a SEE paper duration :D.
I am really proud to be a pass-out from PESIT and I am also happy that I was involved in helping #PESITmemories trend on Twitter on this Monday, the 28th May, 2012.

1 comment:

Sachin Gowda said...

Hey good one :) Thanks for your patience!!

Yes, we can do anything we want. We're a strong force!!